commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Missing commit e-mails - INFRA-7716
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 01:17:09 GMT
I need to qualify my previous statement.

The missing commit e-mails have reached the archive mailbox, i.e.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-commits/201405.mbox/browser

However, I'm still seeing seriously delayed commit e-mails in my GMail account.
For example, the commit message for r1593115 has taken 10 days to arrive.

I assume the difference is due to the fact that external mail systems
such as Google have to be fed slowly to avoid triggering defences
against DOS/Spam attacks.

On 16 May 2014 20:29, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> It does now look like all the commit mails have finally appeared.
>
> However, it looks like there are still some long delays in mail
> propagation - up to 1 day in some cases.
>
> On 14 May 2014 20:02, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had not seen that last update.
>> It does look like there are still e-mails in the queue.
>> 6 of the 9 missing commits have now appeared.
>>
>> On 14 May 2014 16:00, Roger Whitcomb <Roger.Whitcomb@actian.com> wrote:
>>> It might just be that the backlog of emails hasn't cleared yet ... (see : https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/mail_outage
)  They say it could take from 2-5 days after the 10th to get all the backlog delivered ...

>>> ~Roger

against the contents of the commits mail archive, and found that several e-mails seem to have
got lost, so I raised INFRA -7716.