commons-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject [jcs] TODOs
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 20:08:33 GMT
Hi

here what I think we should do soon (before releasing):

1) bench and be as close as possible to a ConcurrentHashMap being 15
when ConcurrentHashMap is 20 sounds ok, less needs discussion for me,
wdyt? The idea would be to be close to guava by default (= in mem)

2) listeners to be able to aggregate jcache stats (or merge jcache
stats with jcs? the issue is jcache defines stats a bit differently
from jcs). Not sure how to do so limiting overhead and bandwidth
usage.

Side note: I removed Serializable references since we use
IElementSerializer. This is not the case everywhere in the code but
this interface should allow us to use JSon/XML as serialization :).

I'll try to work in the week on 1).

I think 2 is not mandatory for a release but a nice to have.

If you have anything more in mind feel free to add it in answers with
a new number :).

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/