commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release DBCP 2.0.1 based on RC3
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 00:08:29 GMT
+0

'mvn verify' works with mvn3.2.1 jdk8 on win7
'mvn site' works with mvn3.2.1 jdk7 on win7

Why I do not +1:

It looks like the assembly-plugin workaround causes a maven warning, it
is I guess better to add the version number to the existing assembly
entry and not add a second one? At least the warning is gone if I add
<version> to line 286.

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
model for org.apache.commons:commons-dbcp2:jar:2.0.1
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)' must be unique
but found duplicate declaration of plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin @ line 320, column 17 [

Minor/Unclear (to me):

(known) The site build fails in JavaDoc with jdk8 (The build
instructions mention that it builds with jdk7 only, but it does not
mention jdk8 status)

I am not sure how I can test-deploy the site in a way that all links
work. So here are the problems I noticed, but it might not apply:

When I
open target\site\index.html there is a "Javadoc (2.0 release)" which
points to a missing "api-2.0/index.html". The 2.0.1 is in
'target/site/apidocs/'. I guess this will worked around while the site
is deployed. Do we want to have the 2.0.1 and 2.0. or only 2.0.1 and
will the link be named that way? The "examples" link point to the
trunk/doc, should this be a tag?

Development/History - is "Date=TBD"

Greetings
Bernd