commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bugs in Apache commons collections, version 3.2.1
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 13:14:48 GMT
Hi Cyrille,

I do not think that the outlined testcase really illustrates a bug.
By default, a MapBackedSet will use "null" as dummy value to put into the
actual Map, but a ReferenceMap does not allow such null values (as
indicated by the message in the NullPointerException that is thrown).

You have two choices:

 * either use a different map that supports such null values
 * create a MapBackedSet with a different dummy value

Regarding the other bugs that you have found. It would be really great if
you could test these bugs against the latest release and report them on the
issue tracker.
It is very unlikely that there will be another release for the 3.2 branch.

Best regards,

Thomas