commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.3.2 based on RC1
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:35:36 GMT
Hi all,

as some of you might know, we have introduced a bug in
NumberUtils#isNumber(String) in Commons Lang 3.3.2. To fix this, I'd like
to release 3.3.2 based on RC1.

Note that we're still having problems with Java 8 / DocLint. mvn install
works (thanks to the fixes Niall has made) but mvn site still fails because
the test code contains malformed JavaDoc comments. I've documented this
problem on the main page (and hope this is sufficient for this vote to
pass). We'll need to talk about what we want to do about DocLint, because
probably all our components are affected by this.

Lang 3.3.2 RC1 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/ (r4953)

Maven artifacts are here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1020/

The tag is here:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_3_2_RC1(r1585295)

  Details of changes since 3.3.1 are in the release notes:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.3.2-RC1/changes-report.html

  Site:
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.3.2-RC1/
  (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.3.2 directories are
  not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)

  Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.1):
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.3.2-RC1/clirr-report.html

  RAT Report:
    http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.3.2-RC1/rat-report.html

  KEYS:
    http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

  Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 15:00
CET 09-April 2014

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...