commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject [SCXML] roadmap plan published - question about procedure for milestone tagging
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:52:35 GMT
Hi,

I just published a high-level roadmap plan towards SCXML 2.0 [1]

Part of that plan, which consists of working through a set of milestone targets,
is also tagging these milestones "as is", see [2].

As I also described there, these milestone tags will "not represent a formal
release and they are only intended and targeted to be used by the Commons SCXML
developers, not end users."

I would however like to have these milestone tags be deployed and made available
through Maven Central.

My question is: is this OK for the Commons PMC and can I just create and deploy
these tags (using maven release) without need to go through formal voting and
validation?

Again: these do not represent formal releases, nor will I provide download links
or send out announcements, other than a developers heads-up here on dev@.

Thanks, Ate

p.s. Any feedback on the roadmap plan itself of course also is welcome :)

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-scxml/roadmap.html
[2] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-scxml/roadmap.html#Milestone_tags