commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kish, Robert" <Robert.K...@ncogroup.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons DBCP 2.0 released
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:56:21 GMT
Something is wrong with the link for DBCP's main page.

The link referenced in the release email (and at
http://commons.apache.org/) refers to
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/. But this page is for
version 1.4.

When I started clicking around the 1.4 page, I eventually figured out
the real page should be
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/index.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 05:24 PM
To: Commons Users List
Cc: Commons Developers List; announce@apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons DBCP 2.0 released

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Commons DBCP 2.0.

The Apache Commons DBCP open source software library provides Database
Connection Pooling.

DBCP 2.x is based on Commons Pool 2 and provides increased performance,
JMX support as well as numerous other new features compared to DBCP 1.x.
Users upgrading to 2.x should be aware that the Java package name has
changed, as well as the Maven co-ordinates, since DBCP 2.x is not binary
compatible with DBCP 1.x. Users should also be aware that some
configuration options have been renamed (e.g. maxActive to maxTotal) to
align them with the new names used by Commons Pool 2.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
Apache Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/download_dbcp.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available
at the above location when downloading the release.

Full details of all the changes in 2.0 can be found in the changelog:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/changes-report.html

For complete information on Commons DBCP, including instructions on how
to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the
Apache Commons DBCP website:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/

Mark Thomas, on behalf of the Apache Commons community