commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] ConvexHull in 3D
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:05:23 GMT
Hi Luc,

it is on my queue of things to do.
I already started to look at qhull (www.qhull.org) which is under a very
permissive license and contains algorithms for convex hull, voronoi and
triangulation for arbitrary dimensions.

Implementing the other convex hull algorithms were my first steps to get
accustomed to geometry algorithms, and my plan was to finally port qhull to
java, but this will surely take some time.
Focusing on the 3D case for convex hulls should be feasible though,
depending on when you need this feature, do you need it to be included in
the 3.3 release?

Thomas