commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <...@spaceroots.org>
Subject [math] leastsquares refactoring
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:10:36 GMT
Hi Gilles,

Le 08/02/2014 22:16, Gilles a écrit :

>> Other issues to be discussed:
>>
>>  * [MATH-1008]
>>
>>    a new package has been created o.a.c.m.fitting.leastsquares which
>>    contains some interface for the new fluent API but they are also
>>    used elsewhere so I guess it would be more logical to put them in a
>>    more general place, e.g. WithMaxEvaluations should be moved to
>>    o.a.c.m.optim. WDYT?
>
> Strictly speaking, these have potential use outside the "o.a.c.m.optim"
> package.
>
> Also, further improvements were postponed since the alternate proposal
> looked quite promising:
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1026

I had a look at Evan's poposal in MATH-1026. I really like it!

Do you think we could replace our current lestsquares (which has never
been released yet), with this new one and finish it? Concerning the last
comment by Evan in the JIRA system, I think they could be answered
quickly. Also the questions about caching and lazy evaluations are
implementation details that could be changed later on, even after 3.3
release.

best regards,
Luc