commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Subject Re: commons-lang pull request: add isNull and isNotNull methods
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 20:08:13 GMT
Personally, I view this as an anti-pattern. You have a null reference in
your hand, and instead of checking the reference that is in your hand,
you give it to an unrelated class and have that class check to see if it
is a null reference. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

On 2/4/2014 12:02 PM, otaviojava wrote:
> GitHub user otaviojava opened a pull request:
>
>      https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/16
>
>      add isNull and isNotNull methods
>
>      Sugestion to add two simple and useful methods, with tests, on ObjectsUtil to get
the code cleaner. isnull and isNotNull. So you can use if (ObjectUtil.isNull(value)) instead
of if (value == null) the goal is the code more understandable.