commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] Fix up pom so it works with Commons release profile
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 20:25:10 GMT
Am Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:10:35 +0000
schrieb sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:

> I have done some work on this.I can fix up the poms so that the
> Commons "release" profile works.
> And it looks like the distribution module is not really needed. The
> assembly plugin can be run from the top level pom.

(sorry for picking this mail for quote, I wanted to stay within a
thread but it is not a specific answer to sebb)

 The current state looks pretty messed up. I have been trying to
debug some strange bundle-plugin behaviour but I could not really with
that complicated commons parent.

This parent is not really suited for multi-module builds and even if it
was it still does quite a few things too much IMHO. Would it be
possible to have a "policy commons" parent and a derieved parent which
also adds "build convinience"?

Currently the VFS project POM is building (unwanted and empty) JAR
files.

Gruss
Bernd