commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang] Failing tests in lang/trunk due to time zone
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:26:39 GMT
Hello Bruno,

2014/1/8 Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br>

> Hi all,
>
> LANG-942 and LANG-943 were related to tests failing due to time zones. The
> latter is related to a specific time zone (America/Sao_Paulo), and only
> happens in my environment because it is using the day that DST started in
> 2005.
>
> For the sake of curiosity, I set up a Jenkins job to build commons-lang
> from the trunk and `mvn clean test -e -X -Duser.timezone=${timezone}` for
> each given time zone (it is a multi config job with a user axis, fwiw).
>
> The results can be seen here:
> http://builds.tupilabs.com/view/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/job/commons-lang-timezone/

Thanks again for digging into this! You're becoming the commons TimeZone
expert ;-)

Maybe it makes sense to port your test to the apache jenkins instance? Do
you have karma to do that?

> There are many different errors, inclusive for time zones within Brazil
> that work (America/Maceio, while America/Sao_Paulo fails) and others in
> Asia, Australia, Mexico, etc).
>
> I think some tests can be rewritten to be time zone agnostic, or we may
> have some hidden bug too.

> Just food for thought :^) not a blocker for new releases I think. The job
> took quite some time to finish, but the URL is parameterized, so in the
> future I plan to run it against tags and for different JDK's too.

I've thought about it. Since this doesn't seem to be a regression that has
been introduced by 3.2, I won't delay 3.2.1 to fix this. But we definitely
have to work on this for the next release.