commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [io][compress] Interest in Some Channel Classes?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:57:47 GMT
Hi Stefan,

getting some steam back into [io] is a good idea. Has been some time since
I've seen the last commit there. If the Bytes class is a useful addition to
[io] and Gregory Janik is okay with a fork, than go ahead!

I've planned to do some work on IO after [lang] 3.3, but you know how it
often turn's out with my plans ;-)  so I cannot promise anything.

One thing I don't understand is: are you suggesting to put the Bytes class
into [io] and then define a dependency from [compress] to [io]? Maybe there
is more that can be moved from [compress] to [io]?

Regards,
Benedikt