commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [LANG] Next steps
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 10:29:16 GMT
Hi all,

I've successfully gone through my first release (wasn't as bad as I had
expected it to be). I still have to do the Jira stuff, will do that tonight
probably.
So, here is what I have in mind for lang as next steps.

Move User Guide from Website to package-info.java:
The user guide is structured in terms of packages in lang. It looks like
the package-info.java files are better suited for this kind of information.
Since Lang isn't a framework where multiple parts play together, I don't
see the need for a "real" user guide.

Push out 3.2.1:
Although the two issues identified by Oliver and Jörg didn't block release
3.2, I'd like to push out a bugfix (probably containing the above changes)

Move to git:
We have talked about this a lot, and I had the feeling, that the people
working on [lang] are fine with moving to git. I'm planning to work out a
little guide on how to work on issues, create branches, create releases
using git. But this will probably take a while.

Thoughts?

Benedikt
--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/