commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject [configuration] Immutable nodes for hierarchical configurations
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:48:40 GMT
Hi all,

just a status update for all interested in [configuration].

While working on the redesign of [configuration], I got the idea to make
the ConfigurationNode interface used for hierarchical configurations
immutable. This would have some benefits:

- Shared usage even under concurrent access is possible.
- Users can longer circumvent update mechanisms by directly manipulating
the node structures.
- It is probably easier to combine multiple node trees to a combined
configuration (well, I have to check this).

So I am going to experiment a bit in this direction.

Oliver