commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Exec 1.2-RC2
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 16:56:44 GMT
On 1/3/14, 6:06 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3 January 2014 15:04, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1.3

>> means
>>>>
>>> Thank you Jörg, in trunk, I added the Maven prerequisites element set to
>>> 2.2.1.
>> Note that this should still allow compilation and testing with Java
>> 1.4 by using the appopriate java profile.
>>
> When I try to use Maven 2.0.11 and Java 1.4.2 for 'mvn clean site' I get:
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error resolving version for
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin': Plugin requires Maven
> version 2.2.1
>
> When I try to use Maven 2.2.1 and Java 1.4.2 for 'mvn clean site' I get:
>
> Java specification version: 1.4
> This release of Maven requires Java version 1.5 or greater.
>
> So I do not think it is possible any more to build [exec] with anything
> less than Java 5.

To build the code from source, all you really need is for the code
itself to be 1.3-compatible.  To build it with maven or ant, all you
need is for whatever the current incantation is for "jar" to work.
I think it is fair to claim jdk-compatibility at the level that the
functional source code supports.

Phil