commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Exec 1.2-RC1
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2014 18:13:19 GMT

I assume what we are voting on is the tars / zips in the Nexus repo.

I could not get the tests to run on Mac OSX (10.9.1).  The Ant build
fails with

 [junit] Testcase: testExecute took 0.013 sec
    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] Cannot run program
"/Users/psteitz/exec-rc/commons-exec-1.2-src/src/test/scripts/test.sh"
(in directory "."): error=13, Permission denied
    [junit] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"/Users/psteitz/exec-rc/commons-exec-1.2-src/src/test/scripts/test.sh"
(in directory "."): error=13, Permission denied

The maven build hangs on DefaultExecutorTest.  The relevant bit of
the thread dump appears to be:

"main" prio=5 tid=0x00007fcbea810000 nid=0x1903 in Object.wait()
[0x000000010db52000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
    at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    - waiting on <0x00000007d5bb8b98> (a
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteWatchdog)
    at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
    at
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteWatchdog.ensureStarted(ExecuteWatchdog.java:227)
    at
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteWatchdog.isWatching(ExecuteWatchdog.java:194)
    - locked <0x00000007d5bb8b98> (a
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteWatchdog)
    at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutorTest.testExecuteAsyncWithTimelyUserTermination(DefaultExecutorTest.java:219)

This is with

Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 12:16:01-0700)
Java version: 1.7.0_45

I also noticed that the copyright date in the NOTICE file is still
2011.  That should be fixed.

Phil