commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Expecting BCEL6.0 release for 3 months.
Date Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:33:52 GMT
We do not have a release schedule. We are all volunteers with limited time. Your work and patience
is appreciated. Stay tuned to the making list for activity. Feel free to give us gentle reminders
from time to time ;)

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Barry Zhong <zhongdj@gmail.com>
Date:12/25/2013  12:00  (GMT-05:00)
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: Expecting BCEL6.0 release for 3 months.

Hey BCEL Genius Team,

It is my great honor writing to you guys.

I’m Barry, and I’m an small open source project owner. We developed another AOP library
to describe a reactive object and its relation’s Lifecycle and constraints, and to perform
Relational Lifecycle constraints validations, Lifecycle callbacks and event propagation with
a meta-driven style. The project can be found at https://github.com/zhongdj/Lifecycle

Until we read a great article from IBMDeveloperWorks, then we decided to build all those stuff
on top of BCEL 6.0 SNAPSHOT with its annotation API. Because both BCEL and Javassist has great
performance, and we prefer BCEL’s API style, we do want to understand more about Java Class
File Format and JVM instructions. We had passed all tests 2 months ago, and we were ready
to release it to Maven Central while we found BCEL 6.0 is not released for a long time.

We are expecting BCEL 6.0 Release urgently. May I have the schedule and then I would encourage
my team that they did a great and valuable job with BCEL 6.0, and what we are doing is going
to on Maven Central?

Merry Christmas,
Barry