commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] src/userguide/java
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:30:44 GMT
In my experience, examples are most useful as ... well ... examples.  As
such, they should be an example of how user code works.  That means that
they should be a complete stand-alone project, just as most user programs
should be complete and standalone.

If you want to also deliver a pre-compiled version of the examples, that's
great.  But it doesn't affect the desirability of a stand-alone project.