commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Votes and staging repositories
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2013 16:25:50 GMT
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 December 2013 15:41, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a side note to the ongoing vote for [codec]:
> >
> > The vote mail points to the staging repository containing all maven
> > artifacts including the distributions. When the release is done, the
> > repository has to be cleaned to remove the files which should not go to
> > Maven central. This is a manual and error-prone process.
>
> So far...
>
> I did do some work on trying to automate it, but I found the Nexus API
> very hard to understand.
>
> It's easy enough to download the non-Maven files using http(s) and
> commit them (svnmucc) to dist/dev or a personl login on people,
> but deleting files from Nexus seems to be quite tricky. Of course that
> is where errors are most critical.

(Trying not to rant ;)
I would prefer to click Release in Nexus with the staging repo as it is,
including the -bin and -src files.

I have, _several times_, deleted the wrong .asc, .md5 or .something file
such that Nexus would not release, this is a !@#$ nightmare. Especially
since you have to manually use the Nexus Web UI to delete

Releasing the pile, would let me download 'buildable' artifacts. I wish
JMeter and ActiveMQ did that for example, this way I could install from
Maven directly and not have to feed my work Artifact repo with the -bin
zips.

Gary