commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] src/userguide/java
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:36:42 GMT
On 12/29/2013 03:39 PM, Gilles wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there some framework in place in order to generate executable files
> from the Java sources located there?
> I guess that a configuration snippet could be added in the "pom.xml"[1]
> so that one of the build phases can also compile (and perhaps also run)
> the example applications.

Hi Gilles,

if you use eclipse with the m2eclipse plugin you can have separate
projects for commons-math3 and the examples. Otherwise you would need to
install the artifacts of commons-math3 into your local repository with
mvn install.

To compile the examples as part of the normal build process we would
need to create a parent pom for commons math3 with packaging type pom.

Thomas