commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release [pool] 2.1 based on RC1
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 09:31:52 GMT
On 24/12/2013 20:37, Phil Steitz wrote:
> The clirr breakage needs to dealt with / explained in the release
> notes.  As it stands, the statements about compatibility are not
> correct.

I would argue that there is nothing incorrect about those statements. No
client of Pool should be using any (.*)MXBean class directly since the
sole purpose of such a class is to expose $1 via JMX.

> I think the breakage is OK, but would appreciate suggestions on how
> to document in the release notes.

I don't think anything belongs in the release notes about this. The
MXBean naming convention should be familiar to anyone using Pool. If it
is felt that something more needs to be done then I'd suggest adding an
explicit warning to all the MXBean classes that they must not be used
directly by clients and that they may change in compatible ways between
any release including point releases.

Mark