commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Test failures in Debian
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:39:46 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Am 17.12.2013 10:21, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> I'm updating the beanutils package in Debian to the latest release and I
> have two test failures:

> Test set: org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtilsTestCase
> Tests run: 13, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.027
> sec <<< FAILURE!
> testPositiveArray(org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtilsTestCase)
> Time elapsed: 0.005 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<class [I> but was:<class
> java.lang.Integer>
>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:280)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtilsTestCase.testPositiveArray(ConvertUtilsTestCase.java:282)

> Test set: org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.MemoryTestCase
> Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.837
> sec <<< FAILURE!
> testComponentRegistersCustomConverter(org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.MemoryTestCase)
>  Time elapsed: 0.745 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Component classloader did not
> release properly; memory leak present
>         at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
>         at junit.framework.Assert.assertNull(Assert.java:230)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.MemoryTestCase.testComponentRegistersCustomConverter(MemoryTestCase.java:228)

MemoryTestCase is explicitly excluded in the surefire configuration of
the pom with the comment "This test case is known to fail, and there
isn't any proposed fix -  so we will just exclude it until someone comes
up with a solution."

Not sure about the other one, I haven't seen this before. Could this be
related to tests influencing each other? The pom sets the fork mode to
"pertest". This is probably necessary because there are some static
structures within [beanutils] which may be affected by other tests in an
unexpected way.

Oliver