commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Laboratory Toolkit] proposing a new Apache Commons component
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 20:30:09 GMT

Am 05.12.2013 13:44, schrieb Valentin Waeselynck:
> Hello, and pleased to meet you,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I just asked for confirmation, and I do have full intellectual property on this software.
>
> About the use cases : no problem, I'll include some code samples. As a foreword, let's
say it provides a convenient API for creating all sorts of custom "information extraction"
algorithms.
If the library is about information extraction, you may also want to
have a look at the Apache Tika project [1].

Oliver

[1] http://tika.apache.org/

> As for the group of persons willing to maintain this : well, for the moment, there is
me. As this is a quite small toolkit, I think it's sufficient, at least for a start.

> I'll start working towards the other requirements (maven + test coverage) right away
and let you know as soon as it's ready.