commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cli] Moving to Git?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:10:46 GMT
Le 06/12/2013 14:19, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :

> what about this? I've not seen any strong objections against migrating cli
> to git in general. How about setting up the repo and learn about the
> migration process and then start to stink about a development process?
> You can use git in a very SVN like way. Maybe we should start with this so
> that folks get used to it.

I'm not sure to know where to start. Looking at the current Git mirror
it seems some branches are missing.

https://github.com/apache/commons-cli

On GitHub I can see trunk, cli-1.x and avalon-implementation. The
abandonned 2.0 branch is missing.

I guess we have to move back the branches under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/cli/dead into
../branches and ask the infra team to regenerate the Git repository.

Emmanuel Bourg