commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Deprecated 'src' attributes in state, parallel and assign
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 23:47:45 GMT
On 12/05/2013 11:26 PM, Woonsan Ko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current code is taking care of 'src' attribute for state, parallel, assign and invoke
element.
> Invoke element should still accept 'src' attribute, but it seems to have been removed
for the other elements in the current specification.

The src atttribute for state and parallel was removed from the specification
several years ago, May 2010, with the suggestion to use the xinclude standard
instead.
See: http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-scxml-20100513/#files

> Do we need to deprecate (and remove later) the current behavior for those elements except
of invoke element?
> Or is there still any good reason to keep the feature for some reason (e.g, overriding
something from the 'src' for state/parallel element as a commons-scxml feature) ?

Deprecate seems the reasonable thing to do as the xinclude solution is said to
provide a superior version of the same functionality. But that should be
validated and properly tested first before dropping the current implementation.
But that shouldn't happen anyway until the next major release for SCXML, after
the 2.0 release.

Side note: the <data> and <script> elements also have optional usage of an
external src, not just <invoke>.

Ate