commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Eckenfels" <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [math] Multithreaded performances
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 00:02:31 GMT
Am 05.11.2013, 00:44 Uhr, schrieb Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>:
> The thread leak problem can be more serious.

What Thread Leak problem? TLS is cited to have that leak since ages, I am
not sure I ever have seen one triggered. So, who has details on that? Even
the JCL uses (more) thread local objects. For example in JDK8 the
BigInteger has a thread local SecureRandom instance.

One has to be carefull in regards to keeping classloaders alive, but that
can be worked around with an expire, weak references or simply by only
storing system classes (for example long[]!)

Greetings
Bernd