commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [pool] branch cleanup
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 18:39:19 GMT
I think it is ok to rename branches if it helps understand the code base. I do not think we
should delete anything though.

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com>
Date:11/23/2013  11:41  (GMT-05:00)
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: [pool] branch cleanup

I just got confused by the branch naming.  Would anyone object to
dropping 1_3_RELEASE_BRANCH, 1_4_RELEASE_BRANCH, 2_0_DEV and
renaming 1_5_RELEASE to 1_5 and renaming POOL_1_X to 1_6?  The first
two should not be used to base any work for subsequent 1.3 or 1.4
releases, 2.0 is now in trunk and the naming for the last two is
confusing.   I would be happy dropping the other branches as well,
but their names are at least not confusing.

Phil