commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Commons Collections 4.0 based on RC2
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 16:18:33 GMT
Le 08/11/2013 16:45, Thomas Neidhart a écrit :

> thanks for your review, although I had hoped for something like this
> after the 4.0-alpha release. Nevertheless, see my comments inline:

Sorry for this late review, I intended to do it for the alpha release
but did get the time.

> The release notes also state the following in the opening paragraph:
>
> "As such, this release can not be considered to be a simple, drop-in,
> replacement for commons-collections. To help with the migration to
> this new version, the package has changed to
> "org.apache.commons.collections4", thus it is possible to have both
> commons-collections versions in the classpath. "

Ok, I skipped this paragraph and went directly to the items bellow :)

> Indeed, the Equator interface has been placed in the functor package,
> although all other interfaces normally reside in the base package. We
> should move it also to the base package imho.

I'd rather see the interfaces moved in the functor package, but that's
your call.

> The original patch had support for different key types, but they have
> been dropped so far as I could not figure them out to work correctly.
>
> I wanted to keep the functionality but have a concrete class for the
> case of Strings as key, thus the PatriciaTrie class. If we would merge
> these two together we lose the possibility to later support for key types.

Ok

> all these classes have existed for a long time. I am happily accepting
> patches to improve the test coverage, but I will not aim to get 100%
> test coverage on a library that exists for > 10 years only by myself.

Ok for classes like ComparatorUtils, but some of the cases I mentioned
are new.

Emmanuel Bourg