commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] Include latest release version / date for components
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2013 10:15:04 GMT
On 11/02/2013 11:04 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 2 November 2013 08:44, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I remember reading a release-howto that explained that the latest
>>> release shall be on top. Afaict, bsf is the only one not applying this
>>> rule, but I can update the script.
>>
>> sorry I misread your comment, there are several where its in a different
>> order. What I find also interesting is that there are at least 2
>> different ways how a release is specified in the doap files.
>>
>> The result being that the releases are not always displayed here:
>>
>> http://projects.apache.org/indexes/pmc.html#Apache%20Commons
>>
>> We should correct all the files imho.
>
> That assumes there is a "correct" layout.!
>
> Of course it would be possible to decide on a convention for Commons
> regardless of any canonical form.

There is one from the root namespace of the doap file:

http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#

The valid structure is as follows:

Project
  release
    Version
      revision
      created

If the doap file is in this format it is correctly parsed at
http://projects.apache.org/indexes/pmc.html#Apache%20Commons

otherwise the release information is not present.

btw. I did update the script, it now searches for the latest version.

Thomas