commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject [site] Include latest release version / date for components
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 23:36:36 GMT
Hi,

I can remember that a while ago there was the suggestion to include the
latest release version + release date for each commons component on the
main page.

The idea was really appealing to me, and I did an update of the
commons-site to include this information.

The result can be seen here:

http://people.apache.org/~tn/commons/site/

The updated project can be found here:

https://github.com/netomi/commons-site

What did I do?

 - create a script conf/parse-latest-release.py that parses the doap
   file for each component at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/
 - the script generates a properties file containing the parsed information
 - use the properties-maven-plugin to load the properties during the
maven build
 - move the index.xml to index.xml.vm to enable velocity filtering
   and include for each component the respective properties

The solution is quite simple, and the properties file can be manually
edited if necessary.

So WDYT?

btw. transaction is still listed as proper component, although already
moved to dormant in svn.

Thomas