commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [MATH] Interest in large patches for small cleanup / performance changes?
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 23:13:43 GMT
On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 14:45:00 +0000, Sean Owen wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>> A case that occurs often is "zero" (as "double").
>> I prefer "0d".
>
> (I'm certainly not going to propose to change it, but my personal
> preference is 0.0 because it's obviously decimal even to newbies and
> can't be confused with a hex value. But this is trivial.)

No problem; "0.0" is fine.[1]
Hopefully, this can be agreed upon and become one of those dreaded
little rules...

>>> - Using log1p() for computing log(1+p) with a tiny bit more
>>> accuracy
>>> in a few places
>>

>> Certainly.
>
> OK. Maybe I should proceed with a few more JIRAs for consideration?
> I'm concerned about generating work and noise for committers, but, if
> you guys are OK with a couple more, I can propose a few.

IMHO, it's definitely not noise. The more so that you actually fix
those things!

Thanks,
Gilles

[1] Shall we say that I was concerned that we'd require contributors to
     type three characters instead of two... :-P