commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [cli] Moving to Git?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:46:30 GMT
Hello.

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:13:25 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't intend to argue for git or svn at all, but rather for "let
> the
> people decide who do the work".

Exactly. Unless I'm mistaken those who do the work are not the
unidentified people out there who might some beautiful day (in
the near or distant future) contribute, but the fairly well
identified regular developers who contribute today.

> IIUC we can migrate CLI to git without forcing all other Commons
> components to make the move as well.  I for one do not intend to work
> on
> [cli] and if I had to patch a small thing (like I did a few hours
> ago) I
> can do so with either system - and this will be true for most of us
> here.
>
> So can we please allow the folks who actively work on [cli] today
> make
> the decsision which vcs they want to use?

Do "we" really have to allow them?  Or do they have the right to do as
they please?

Gilles