commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Creating Project for Release Process Testing...
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:53:30 GMT
On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:35:07 -0500, Matt Benson wrote:
> We're all still talking about the release process, but in all honesty
> I've
> not done it for several years at Commons.  I think it would be
> immensely
> helpful for those of us who have been at least part way through the
> process
> fairly recently (Emmanuel, Gary, others?) to present your
> recollections of
> what was difficult, so that we can have a real list of things to try
> and
> address.

There is a mini-howto for Commons Math here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/trunk/doc/release/release.howto.txt

The aim was to provide a fool-proof, step-by-step recipe, which the
"official"
Wiki documents were _not_: The missing bits were filled as a summary of
my
interaction with the ML (cf. archive).
[Luc upgraded the document after the CMS change.]

Nothing is "complicated"; following the recipe should allow anyone to
make a
release.
As was noted in another post:
  * several steps could be made faster with scripting
  * removing spurious files from Nexus is a pain after a few RCs

Regards,
Gilles