commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] API compatibility policy
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 20:50:24 GMT
That's a reasonable style of versioning :)

I had many issues with binary compatibilty with a commons-email release due to changing the
return value from void to a this reference plus some moving of constants. You basically end
up with either many restrictions or creating major releases

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl