commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Fortner <phidia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] developer ping - future direction
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 01:40:59 GMT
Hi Jörg,
Thanks for the link, but I don't think that quite addresses the issue.

What I'd like to see is the ability to automatically install a VFS provider
that isn't already on your local machine.  For example, if I wanted to see
a directory listing of "sftp://someserver/somedir" and I don't already have
the SFTP provider installed, VFS would download and install it for me.
 This is similar to the way in which Groovy's @Grab annotation
automatically installs dependencies when you attempt to run a script whose
dependencies you don't have.

Cheers,

Mark