commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JCI] Problem with release profile (was: Re: [DISCUSS] Why is releasing such a pain and what can we do to make it easier?)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:25:43 GMT
On 8 October 2013 19:06, Benedikt Ritter <beneritter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it's a problem with the maven-bundle-plugin. It should generate the Manifest for
you. I'm on my mobile right now and will not have the time to have a look until tomorrow.

It's not only the osgi Manifest.

I tried copying an existing Manifest, and the build process failed with:

[INFO] Error for project: Apache Commons JCI FileAlterationMonitor
(during package)
[INFO] Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly archive bin:
You must set at least one file.

The problems are probably due to the use of multiple modules, which
are (much) harder to set up.

However, there are other commons components with multiple modules; it
should be possible to get some clues from them.

Note: we must update Javadoc plugin to the latest version to ensure
that the scripting bug is fixed.

I expect there are several parts of the main pom that can be removed
as the parent pom defines all the common stuff that it can.