commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] knock knock?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:39:33 GMT
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Woonsan Ko <woon_san@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that's great!
> State machine is a generic and simplistic concept which can be applied anywhere.
> In our case (Hippo), we want to leverage SCXML library as a core Document Processing
Engine. By exposing state machines in XML with ability to add custom actions and other declarative
configurations, we believe it can increase customizability and flexibility in our product
a lot.
> I worked at a BPM company for several years in the past, so I'm very familiar with process/workflow
management as well, in both state machine based approach or activity-flow based approach.
State machine based approach should fit better in our internal core document processing, I
think.

> I really hope to get involved in Commons-SCXML together. I've also worked for Apache
Portals project as committer (and PMC member) for several years and release manager for Apache
Portals Applications, too. I have been enjoyed helping users/developers in the mailing lists
and contributing to other ASF projects (e.g, commons-lang, log4j2, camel, cxf, etc.). I do
respect the community and the Apache Way.
> In any way, I'm really looking forward to helping it.

<snip/>

Cool, glad you're on board then. Thanks for the background above :-)

-Rahul

> Cheers,
>
> Woonsan

<snap/>