commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Allow unstable 0.x OR -Milestone releases [Was: [DISCUSS] Putting several unmaintained components to dormant]
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:00:54 GMT
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think "milestone" releases works if you have a clear development
> plan and schedule. I've never seen it be the case in Commons. Calling
> "releases" to Maven and dist, Alphas and Betas make more sense for us
> IMO.

I don't care what we call it.  They key is that we set up the
expectation with our users.  If you use this release, do NOT use it in
production code.  It is not "supported", meaning we aren't going to
fix bugs in that alpha version if we have already released its
subsequent full release version (or a subsequent alpha).