commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Proactive Feature Development...
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:19:06 GMT
How about this for an idea?  What if instead of waiting until *after*
a new JDK comes out (and in some cases MANY years later), we start
with pre-release versions in a branch or something to start using the
new language features?  This way, we can be ready when the new JDK
comes out (or shortly thereafter) to release a compatible version.
For example, wouldn't it be great if we had a lambda
expression-compatible version of Collections/Lang when JDK 8 hits the
streets?