commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@schmiedehausen.org>
Subject [configuration] State of configuration
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 07:11:26 GMT
Hi,

it seems that config is now working patiently towards a 2.0 release (thanks
Oliver for all the work here!). The current trunk is no longer a drop-in
replacement for code using 1.x (there are method signature changes in
CompositeConfiguration and also bigger changes in the AbstractConfiguration.

Enter https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-556. This
regression is a problem for code that I am using. And it turns out that I
am still a committer on configuration. :-)

I was thinking about creating a maintenance branch for 1.x, apply this
patch and create an 1.10 release candidate. Wow, haven't done that in a
while. Anyone objecting to that plan (and can point me at docs on how
releases are done these days? :-) ).

Thanks,
    Henning