commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] API compatibility policy
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:40:30 GMT
Cannot remember which component from the top of my head - but it was
related to package name changes.

My style of thinking: x.y.z

x - no compatibility
y - source compatibility
z - binary compatibility

is simple and makes sense.

It's OK to put some burden on the users when upgrading - as long as the
expectations are set correctly.
But I am pretty sure we discussed that before and some people did not agree.

cheers,
Torsten