commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to Git...
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:37:03 GMT
> There is no proof that more contributors will suddenly appear just
> because the tool has changed.

The numbers James brought tell a different story.
Maybe just a very specific indicator and not scientific - but so is your
claim that it does not change anything at all.

> As people noted, a contributor can fairly easily do
>  $ svn co ...
>  ... modify trunk ...
>  $ svn diff > issue.patch
>
> I can hardly see how this 2-steps procedure can be a barrier to new
> bringing new contributions.

Maybe for tiny fixes it's that easy - for longer contribution where you
follow development it's not.

Anyway - I'll try not to get sucked into this discussion again.
Just wanted to state that I think it could be a good thing.

cheers,
Torsten