commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proactive Feature Development...
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:26:29 GMT
WRT [functor], this process has been ongoing; ex:  the recent inversion of
its API names such that unary functor types get the "unadorned" names (i.e.
Function/Predicate/Procedure to be more in-line with Java 8).  AIUI lambdas
buy you the ability to tersely implement single-method interfaces, so
[functor] should be a nice presence for *providing* generic versions of
said interfaces, as well as common wrappers around, and adapters between,
same.  Not sure how much overlap there is with provided Java 8 interfaces
(obviously there are similar interfaces predating Java 8).  None of this
will matter if we never get it out the door, though.  :P

Matt