commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [LANG] Use JDiff instead of Clirr?
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 09:07:47 GMT
Hi,

I recently came across Google Guice 4.0 Beta. They is a tool called JDiff
[1] to visualize API changes [2]. To me this report is much easier to
understand than the Clirr report. This is for the fact that it visualizes
the changes in an JavaDoc like format. When I think about an API, I always
think of it in terms of the packages and the classes, interfaces etc in
them. Clirr just produces an unstructured flat list. With JDiff I can
navigate to the packages I have in use and see exactly what has changes.

That said I'd like to propose to give JDiff a try in [lang]. There is a
maven plugin [3] but it is in beta state. Don't know if thats a no go for
us.

Benedikt

[1] http://www.jdiff.org
[2]