commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [LANG] Towards 3.2 and beyond
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:13:19 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm currently cleaning up the current trunk of lang in preparation of a new
release (as always, any help is appreciated ;-).

Now I came across methods like ObjectUtils.hashCode(Object), which is
obsolete in Java 7 since we have Objects.hashCode(Object) there. I'm sure
there are more examples. I'd like to mark methods that are obsolete
with Java 7 as deprecated, so that we can remove them with the next major
release (which should target Java 7, IMHO).

Thoughts? Objections? (and please no "why Java 7?" ;-)

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/