commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Why is releasing such a pain and what can we do to make it easier?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:46:34 GMT
Hi,

one of the points that seem to always come up once in a while is the
process of releasing components. I've never done it myself so I'm asking
people who have done it:

What are the problems and how can we make releasing easier?
Is the complexity of the parent pom a problem? (Do we really need all the
stuff that is declared there?)
Is there a way to automate all the stuff that needs to be done in a
portable way?
Would it be possible to automate release for example on a Jenkins instance?

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/