commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Apache Commons to Git for SCM...
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:16:47 GMT
IMO (and it is just my opinion), all commons projects should eventually move to git.  The problem
is that commons is more a disjoint group of small, fairly unrelated projects than a true umbrella
project.  As such, it might make more sense for a few projects to move before moving everything.

I'd be surprised if anyone questions your motives in this. I certainly don't. So I don't think
you need to justify starting a vote, even if it might be premature.

As for standardization, my opinion is that projects should be as standard as possible. That
said, I found when working on VFS that at the time it was the only multi-module project and
stuff other projects were doing in the build simply didn't work.  So some amount of flexibility
is required.

Ralph