commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Why is releasing such a pain and what can we do to make it easier?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:01:23 GMT
Le 14/10/2013 03:55, Henri Yandell a écrit :

> I find myself wondering why a release vote is anything more than:
>
>   "I propose that r6525 of <dir> be tagged as 3.2. What say ye all?"

+1, assuming the revision has almost everything ready for a release (at
least up to date release notes).

That may also encourage people to review more the functional aspects of
the release (e.g. are the new features properly tested? Does the API
look right?) than commenting on the PMD/Checkstyle reports.

Emmanuel Bourg