commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Creating Project for Release Process Testing...
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:01:13 GMT
Le 12/10/2013 10:07, Olivier Lamy a ├ęcrit :

> Why removing those files? It's is strictly forbidden by any Apache
> rules to have those?

No, but it just clutters Maven Central. The .asc file contains a signed
hash of the file, there is no need to have two additional hashes of a hash.

> why creating tag manually? I believe release plugin does it.

I'm just not used to it, so I picked the safest solution for me. This is
where the test component will be useful, it will allow new release
managers to experiment with the tools involved.

Emmanuel Bourg